Appetite’s mission is to get more people in Stoke-on-Trent to experience and be inspired by the arts. Appetite will work with a range of local and national artists and communities to deliver an expanding menu of artistic projects to develop the appetite for the arts in Stoke-on-Trent.
From large outdoor circus spectacles in parks to intimate folk gigs in bus stations, Appetite has brought a vibrant and varied menu of world-class art events to over 370,00 people in Stoke-on-Trent since 2013.
Appetite is part of the Creative People and Places programme supported by funding from the National Lottery through Arts Council England. Appetite is led by the New Vic Theatre in partnership with Partners in Creative Learning , Staffordshire University and 6TownsRadio. Appetite is also supported by Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
Appetite’s ambitions are to:
- increase the number and range of Stoke-on-Trent residents engaging with and being inspired by the arts
- increase the high quality arts offer in Stoke-on-Trent
- empower residents to make arts events happen
- created a more active, networked and sustainable community of artists
- forge relationships between local and national organisations, producers, promoters and audiences
- enable businesses and service providers to see the benefit of artistic investment